Day Camp Counselors
When: June 15-August 7
(Additional staff needed week of June 8th and August 10th)
The JCC Day and Travel Camps are now hiring! We are looking for caring, hardworking, enthusiastic and responsible individuals for our 2020 season. We run an outdoor summer camp program for children entering Kindergarten - 8th grades.
We are looking to hire staff in the following areas:
• Senior Counselors
• Arts & Crafts
• Archery Specialist
• Wood Working Specialist
• Travel Camp Counselors
• Nature Specialist
If you feel you have something special to offer and genuinely want to make a positive impact in the lives of children, please contact Lori Rubin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oversee an assigned group of campers during the camp day to ensure a fun and safe summer for all campers.
Conduct yourself in a manner that provides a positive role model.
Promote the development of relationships; allow campers opportunities to learn new skills.
Work as a team with your co-counselors and specialists.
The Jewish Federation of Greater Harrisburg is integrated with the JCC of Greater Harrisburg. We have a robust early learning center, day camp, senior programming, family programming, and sports-fitness & recreation. Everyone is welcome! Learn more about us at https://jewishharrisburg.org/
Application can be downloaded here: https://jewishharrisburg.org/jewish-community-center/jcc-summer-camp
After Care Aide – Part Time
The Harrisburg JCC is looking for experienced, enthusiastic, responsible aides to work in our aftercare program to help implement our daily program activities for children 6 to 12. During the school year, hours are 3:30 pm- 6:15 pm Monday – Friday with some potential extended hours during the year. Potential additional hours 7:00am-8:30 am- if interested, please indicate in your cover letter. If you are only available some of these days, you may still apply as we may hire multiple candidates for this position.
· High School diploma or general educational development certificate.
· Experience caring for children.
· Ability to lift and be mobile while working with and around children.
Preferred background: An ideal candidate will have attained one of the following qualification levels:
(1) A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education or the human services field.
(2) A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, including 30 credit hours in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education or the human services field and 1 year of experience with children.
(3) An associate’s degree from an accredited college or university in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education or the human services field and 2 years of experience with children.
Salary commensurate with experience. Hiring is subject to completion of a background check, fingerprinting, criminal history record information, and child abuse record information check. First Aid and additional online training will need to be conducted as part of this position if not already completed.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to Lori Rubin
The JCC is currently looking to hire part-time babysitters for our fitness center babysitting program. Individual must be in high school or older.
Currently filling shifts for weekdays and weekends including:
Monday-Thursday 5:15pm-7:30pm and Sundays 9am-12pm.
Anyone interested should contact Terri Travers. Individuals may be able to work one day a week or multiple days a week.